Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

5.05.2011

Collateral Damage

When I opened my eyes
I had been ejected
thrown from which I once knew
My back laid out
on top of glass & pavement’s love affair
I could not turn my neck to see
the twisted bones of metal
I could only see you-
what I had done
to you

You stared at me through the swelling
your bloody mouth agape
You did not recognize me
I tried to smile
to reassure you,
“It’s me, I’m still here…”
but the glass & pavement
had too much fun
with my once soft cheek

The last thing I wanted
was to see your body
in this ditch, next to mine
so I’m glad you got up
walked away
and never looked back

I know you’re dancing now

No comments: