Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

8.11.2008

Today, as I was ringing up an Asian woman, I also answered a phone and gave directions to our store.

When I hung up, the smiling Asian woman said, "You did that so well. You have such patience to do all those things at once... you know, patience is a virtue," and said my name as she read it from my nametag. She was so impressed with my multi-tasking that she was reduced to a stereotypical Asian, speaking in mystical terms.

Has anyone else had a cliche fortune cookie quote said to them by an Asian person as sincerely as this woman said it to me?

I think not.

No comments: