Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

2.04.2009

Sometimes when I write I picture myself smoking a cigarette.

I wish I could fully describe how music makes me feel.
It's almost impossible for me to put it into words.
It's not like a roller coaster adrenaline rush.
It's not like sex.
It's not like getting high or drunk.

It's almost like when falling in love.
A smile just because.
That weird, fluttering feeling happens in the torso, right above the diaphragm.
Feeling as if breath will never be caught if it goes on for any longer.
But it doesn't matter because music is air.
Music is satisfying.

That's what good music does to me.
That's what I hope it does to everyone.

No comments: