Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

4.01.2009

"Hold me close 'cause I need you to guide me to safety."

Am I a terrible person for judging people based on how they look?
I hope not.
Because I judge appearances quite often.

I like to sit here, in front of this window in one of my school's computer labs because I get to watch students walk by. They walk by with smiles on their faces, wearing stupid Ugg boots with shorts, mismatching patterns and looking like complete fools.

They have no idea I'm watching and judging.
I like that.
Creeper of the day.

I shouldn't base my opinions of people on what they wear and how they look.
But I feel more at ease these days because I know that most people do this.
It's not just me. I just say the things everyone is thinking.

I sometimes wonder if the students on this campus realize that there is more to life than this little bubble we live in. We are so closed off from reality on this campus that it becomes difficult to keep up with the outside world. When everyone around you is more concerned with who cheated on whom* and which kid Britney dropped on their head today, reality is distorted. Life isn't as it is outside the perimeter of this campus. I live across the street from my campus and I already feel more connected to the world than I have felt my whole college career. It's strange what the separation of one street can do.

Why am I writing? I'm avoiding finishing my internship application.
Self sabotage at its finest. I'm going nowhere in life.
Just "hangin' and bangin'."


*"HE = WHO & HIM = WHOM." ...what?

No comments: