Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

6.01.2008

I find myself in a worthless world of false ambition.
These people have abstract dreams, but hardly any of them will ever live them.
It warms my heart that most aspirations are unattainable.
Dreams stay dreams. And that's the way it should be.
If reality were perfection, we'd have nothing to aspire to be.
Our dream-lifestyles would be torn to shit with our pessimism and consistently fucked up economy.
Eventually we'd find flaws within the perfection because it's human nature to be unhappy- with everything.

Will I accomplish my dreams? Probably not.
And I wouldn't want to anyway.
I'm eventually disgusted with most things about my life and I wouldn't want to be disgusted with being a space cowgirl with a hit country single on Mars.
I'd rather just leave that to a good night's sleep after several rum & coke's.

No comments: