Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

6.02.2008

The one thing that makes me laugh more often than arrogance, bad drivers and teenage angst is when I meet people who are in love.

I don't apologize for any offense this may bring; I'm just a bitter bitch trying to take everyone around me down with me. Right?

Not everyone in love are complete idiots.
It's the people who love someone when they're really just willing to give up on living.
They make sacrifices they really don't have to make but do anyway because they want to be a fucking martyr.

"I really wanted to go to Delaware for grad school, but since Jamie is staying in New York, I'm going to start looking into local programs. There are more job opportunities for Jamie here, so it's really just the best decision."

Translation: "Look how beautiful our love is. I'm sacrificing my happiness for their's."

Interpretation: "Wow. You're a tool."

Do what you want, and fuck an intangible feeling that you may wake up not feeling tomorrow.
I can't fully respect people who put all of their faith and trust in something that changes as often as hygiene enthusiasts change their underwear.
How about fully trusting yourself and your capabilities?
No one needs to sell themselves short for a bullshit relationship.

Oh, it's looking like you'll get married?
That's cool because you'll end up divorced anyway at the rate divorces are going at these days.
- 4 out of 10 first time marriages will end in divorce.
- In the U.S. there are approximately 2.4 mil marriages a year and 1.2 mil divorces a year.

Still convinced love will concur all?
How about the effects of outside factors like temptation?
- 20% of all married men have had extra marital affairs, and 16% of all married women have strayed from their marriages.

Those numbers should be more like... zero.

While love is laughable, I don't doubt it exists. I doubt the faith that so many put in love.
Just don't be idiots and do whatever the fuck you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.
Don't let someone hold you back from what you really want out of life.

No comments: