Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

6.06.2008

What the fuck is "!!!"?
How the hell are you even supposed to say that band name?
Luckily there was an indie band Wikipedia definition written by someone probably scrawny, quiet and grossly opinionated.
It said, "pronounced 'chk chk chk.'"
How the fuck... exclamation points are now pronounced as sounds?!

Looking sickly is in. Accentuate your sunken-in face with stringy, straight, bluntly angled hair that gets compliments from only the most popular people in your circle.
Stick toothbrushes into the back of your throats, squeeze into skinny jeans and wrap yourselves in the latest "underground" trends.

Like obscure bands for the sake of liking obscure bands.
Laugh your ass off at people who have never heard of these "amazing" bands and never share them with others.
I believe in sharing music.
I love something, I share it with as many people that will let me share it with them.
Oh, and I give credit where it's due.

"No, I didn't find these guys. THIS RECORD LABEL DID and then my friend bought it and gave me a copy."

Sip soy milk lattes at that live music on Wednesdays basement cafe across the street from Starbuck's where all of those "regular" and "uninformed" people hang out. That's where I'll be enjoying my mediocre life with my mediocre, sometimes even mainstreamed (GASP!) music.

No comments: