Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

2.16.2009

Green Triceratops into a Pink Tiger

Good thing the new episode of "United States of Tara" was already uploaded to the internet tonight.
It's working as a satisfying distraction.

She's not aware of one of her alter identities.
Watching this Showtime original television series makes me long for amnesia after I turn into the routine drunk.
I also become a different person that I wish had more self control. And overall control over her droopy, drunk eyes. Pictures of her are not flattering.
Although she is confident and aggressive, she isn't very tactful and falls all over her wobbly legs and slurring lips.

If only I could have amnesia every time she came around. If only.

Some of us aren't meant to be alone. Some of us aren't meant for this dating game.
I'm not meant for any of this. Any of the games, the looks, the rules... I want no part of it.
When I date, I am ruthless and I watch others be just as unforgiving or worse.
I play the games, use the looks and bend the rules to fit my liking.
I've hurt people before. I've been hurt.
Dating around gives a black eye to the people that trust and believe in true love and the swelling will never go down, the frozen peas won't work their magic. It'll forever be black and blue and pulsing uncomfortably.


Happy belated Valentine's Day.

No comments: