Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

5.01.2009

"So listen up. My old friends have been dropping like houseflies."

The hardest lesson to learn is to let things go.
To let people go.
There's no point in holding onto people that don't want to be held.

I have held onto so many people that I shouldn't even be thinking of anymore.
Their time with me has passed.
I feel like I'm falling, spiraling out of an airplane.

If I can just let go, I might survive the rest of my life.
I might actually finally enjoy the rest of my life.
Almost twenty-two is exhausting. I don't want to feel like I'm twice my age anymore.

Cartel just played on my iPod and I was immediately taken back to three years ago, when holding onto my first "real" love was the only thing I was concerned with. He was my world, my obsession. I didn't know it was unhealthy to hold onto him. Who am I kidding? I did know it was unhealthy. It may have taken me three years to finally let go of him, but I'm doing it.

Will it take that long with everyone?

No parachute.
No safety net.

Nosedive.
Mayday, mayday!

No comments: