Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.27.2009

"So, fuck you."

It's a liberating feeling to finally let go of the two people that have hurt me the most.
It took a long time, but I'm doing it.

The key is to stay on this path.
I've tried letting go before, but I always relapse.

This time it's for real.
No more, "How are you?" no more, "Happy Birthday" no more, "We should meet up."
In about one week, I'm getting a new phone number.

This summer has been going by way too quickly for my liking, but I've changed so much that I think this summer has been the best.

It's only when we take care of ourselves that we can start truly loving ourselves.

"I am ready to be new again."
Finally.

No comments: