Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.02.2009

Wash my mouth out with soap...

Some days, this world just makes me want to be a fucking bastard of a person.
I'm so full of hate that I just want to shoot everyone down.
For revenge.
For every fuck-ass who's thought they were better than everyone else and treated people like shit.
For cunt-rockets that run away from confrontation and hide behind their computer screens.
For misogynists, racists and homophobes that make life a whole lot more difficult than it has to be.
For every guy/girl that told you you're a good fuck, but they weren't ready for a relationship and then started dating your lab partner the next day.
For every fucking facebook message, IM or text I got from some asshole boy who thought they could "save" me from whatever demons they thought I needed saving from.

So I'm writing a book about the people I have had the MISFORTUNE of meeting.
The people that made me feel like there are few generally good people in this world.
Because there are.
I'm a firm believer in that every person is capable of being either kind and decent or a big fuckin' fuckhead. Everyone has a choice.
For some reason, most of the people I've met chose to be big fuckin' selfish fuckheads.

I choose to be kind and decent, but some days, goddamn, it's hard.
And then I remind myself that I would be lumped in with the rest of the mother fuckers in this world, so I continue being good.

...I didn't say I chose the easy path.

No comments: