Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

9.11.2009

"No, he can't read my poker face."

Tonight is proving to be an insomniac night, so I've been up doing a little, quick Google research on neurotransmitters, pheromones & sex.
Most of the articles I'm finding just perpetuate the stereotype of women getting emotionally attached to males. And the articles I've come across are all about heterosexual intercourse, which I won't even begin to address. I'll bite my tongue for now.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of articles on men wanting to cuddle after sex.
In my experience, it's the males that initiate all of the pillow-talk and snuggling.

Why are all of these articles about, "why men don't cuddle after sex?"

My real-life research proves the majority of the googled research* wrong.
Obviously, some men find sex intimate enough to want to feel close to their partner, even if they don't know them very well.

However, I did find an article about dopamine and prolactin levels after sex.
As dopamine production starts to decline right after orgasm, prolactin increases and lowers the sex drive from "OMG YES!" to "Meh," so that we can go about our lives.
Maybe that's why I prefer to sleep alone after activities.
This article also made me question if I produce excess dopamine, but that can be saved for my private blog.

I guess what I've realized tonight is that sex truly is a personal, relative, case-by-case experience that can't be pigeon-holed into being a one, general experience.

*Yes, I know, google research isn't real research. I wish the library was open at 2am.

No comments: