Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.08.2008

As I watched two of my mid 30 year old co-workers scamper about during inventory today, I started to think of their similarities.

They're both single.
They both live alone.
They are both working in retail, in a store that sells shit from stores that doesn't want it anymore.
And they both have little dogs they gush over and love more than life itself.

I chuckled to myself a bit because they both despise one another to a point where they speak about the other right behind their back.

And then it hit me.

Am I going to be the crazy 35 year old retail co-worker with a dog as my closest companion and nothing but co-worker gossip and company policy to keep me going everyday?

I refuse to ever sink that low.
Perhaps I think too highly of myself, but, shit.
I am NOT letting that happen.

No comments: