Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.21.2008

My absence has been due to lack of thought, thinking, and any kind of brain activity.
My presence now is blamed solely on feelings of obligation and 1AM solace.


I've been in a coma it seems.
I hate when people spell coma, "comma."
Didn't anyone teach them the difference between a vegetative state and a punctuation?

Anyway, I've been in a coma; a social coma that only comes every few months in my life when depression catches up with my consciousness after crawling from the depths and crevices of my mind.
Who are we to question our happiness or define what happiness really is? Whose standards are we using for comparison? Why are we always searching and scraping and barely getting by just for the unattainable happy high? Happy lasts just as long as a marijuana high lasts, so why don't we just waste our efforts on seeking the nice pieces of work that deal?


It seems as if this blog is full of questions I can never have answered and it as frustrating as blue balls on prom night.

2 comments:

yawaklaw said...

Happiness lasts when you really want it. If you are truly seeking to be happy and content you find a way to get it for yourself.

Missy said...

point taken.