Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.28.2008

Hermits have the right idea about life.
They are wiser than Mr. Owl from the Tootsie Roll Pop commercial.

Living a life free of societal binds and obligation.

Shit.

People in their general nature have made me consider running away into the woods and never returning to "civilized life."
I'm not saying that I'm better than everyone else and this is how I can free myself from the scum of the earth because everyone is the same when it comes to lowlife status.*
I'm saying that people have driven me to want nothing but to be alone for the rest of my life.
To live a life at my leisure without any outside pressure, any norms to be compared to and without any expectations to live up to.

I used to think that these people that isolate themselves are crazy.
But now, as I lie awake some nights, thinking of literal nothingness, I think they're brilliant.
With their experiences in cities, commuting to a dead end job with an abusive boss. The suburbs, with a family and a second marriage, mortgage, and ungrateful children, they've just thrown out all responsibility and any sort of ties to anyone but themselves.

Alone is so appealing.
I want it.


*We're all lowlifes. Adulterers, liars, rapists, abusers, thieves, racists. I've accepted it. You should too.

No comments: