Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.27.2008

Picture people as Gobstoppers; a jawbreaker-type sucking candy with several layers.

The Gobstopper that represents me is a disgusting mess.
Bitter layer after bitter layer.
I feel like every person in my life that has disappointed me has added to these layers.

If I had to make a detailed description of the taste of this metaphor, I'd have to say that the center and last layer is sweeter than the rest, probably tasting like grapefruit. The middle layers are unsweetened tea. And the first layer...

It tastes like envelope glue.

No comments: