Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.19.2009

"But when they robbed her of her infinite smile, she said, 'Maybe I'll just play dead for a while.'"

"What happened to you?"

It's a daily struggle to accept myself for who I am and to deal with that question from people that love me.

The funny thing is, I can't even answer it.
I have no idea what happened to me.
I grew up?
I found out people are full of shit?

If I could answer the question, I think I'd feel much better about who I am.

I feel like my present doesn't match with my past.

Sure I make people laugh now. Sure I am a stronger person now.
But I'm not the girl with the big dreams and plans anymore.
I'm not the girl that wanted to be a Broadway star and truly believed she'd make it there.
I'm not the girl that believes that, "the greatest thing is to love and be loved in return."

Friends might say that I am still that girl and that I'm really not the type of person that I am right now.
But if they're so positive about that, then why can't I be?

I'm just trying to accept and love myself. It may not be the way that others think I should go about things, but I can't accept myself if I keep thinking about who I was.

She's long gone.

No comments: