Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.18.2009

If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived?

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions." - Alfred Lord Tennyson

It's been a while since I've written about something that makes me laugh in its face... well, if it actually had a specific face, I'd be laughing in that general direction.

People who claim they are not passionate about anything.
How do you even get out of bed in the morning?
What are you really living for?

The best people I have met are passionate about music, art, love, human or animal rights, academia, law, science...
I know several people that are floating along without any sort of drive.
I've known one of these people for close to a decade now, and they have never expressed anything they were passionate about. They fall into things and although they don't have any interest in it, they carry on and that's fine with them.
Sometimes I wonder if that's why they're unhappy most of the time.
There probably is something that they are passionate about, but it's nothing that's been surfaced.
At one point there was a person that they were in love with for years. They finally dated this person, but things died, ending pretty badly and I'm sure that's when my friend's passion left.

I care about them, so I'm left to worry. I just want them to be happy.
I truly believe that to be happy, you need passion.

What happened to you that you lost it?
Where did it go?

No comments: