Dear Ms. Leading,

I regret to inform you I've fallen out of lust.
It must be so hard to understand.
Did you really think me a fool enough to play along?
And make believing everything you said was true
Push your pouting lips on other unsuspecting lovers

Love,
The Dear Hunter

7.20.2009

"Oh, camera take your eyes off of me. 'Cause I know I'll be forgotten in time... just like I want."

All of us leave something behind when we leave this world.
A rotting carcass, of course, but it's more than that.

What will be your legacy?
What will you have contributed to this world?

Will it be in your children?
In the form of the written word?
An inspirational speech.
A song.
Photographs.
An heirloom.

I hope I can leave behind something more than this blog, my journals, my 8,000 song library, a $500 guitar, a closet full of American Eagle clothing, disgustingly worn in Chucks and ridiculous purple sunglasses.

Maybe I'm just being morbid. I do think of these things though.

"WE'RE ALL JUST SKULLS IN THE END."


I'm tired. And as always, I'm hungry.

No comments: